Followers

Wednesday 5 February 2014

Inspirational Post by Kym - February 2014

Today it is my turn to show you an inspirational project for the Bearly Mine Inspiration and Challenge Blog.
For my card I decided to make a card suitable for a teenage boy/young adult as they can be so hard to make cards for.  The image I have used is from the "Edward is Immortal" set by Visible Image.
The backing papers I have used are both from the Bearly Mine Designs Steampunk Fantasy 2 set.  These are perfect for steampunk/vintage style cards but I thought also perfect for those difficult male cards.

I have coloured the image in with Graph'it pens and fussy cut around him.  It's a bit fiddly but well worth the effort.  I have made a chain pattern on the card with some real chain held together with some brads.  The card has been finished off with some X-cut die-cut cogs with black Versamagic rubbed around the edge to distress, die-cut buttons, Craftwork Cards die-cut sentiment and a little pocket watch stamp in blue Versafine and fussy cut (this pocket watch is from another set of Visible Image stamps called "Time after Time".

Make sure you check back every few days to see inspiration from the Design Team.  

4 comments:

  1. This is just awesome Kym...xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so gorgeous Kym.

    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card Kym, I like the added touch of the real chain you added, and you're right the Steampunk papers do go so well with the male images, especially when it's so hard to do male cards in the first place, but you've done a splendid job with them.
    hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card. I love your embelishments.
    Hugs, Keti

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, myself and the team really do appreciate them.